Skip to main content

I own a custom costume shoppe for dogs. Do I need a website when Facebook is free?

 

I own a custom costume shoppe for dogs. Do I need a website when Facebook is free?

“There’s Nothing really to think about when Facebook is free – Sounds great, sign up to FB, fill in the blanks and voila! I’m in business. In fact, Facebook is connected to millions of billions of people, which means millions, and billions of potential customers!

And thinking of all those customers I might get? “What if I run out of stock? Is it even possible to get a million customers?”

I’ll run the risk of not being able to service everyone, because Facebook is affordable, its free. But wait a minute, I was reading to have a successful business page you have to have a lot of LIKES. I have that covered, because I found a place where I can buy LIKES,  so that’s not going to be an issue.

And with all those LIKES (thinking 1,000 should do it) I also heard that Facebook (or FB) will help me promote my brand. However, that does cost, and I only have so much money. I’ll wait on that. In fact I read a comment about a lady who invested close to $1000, and only had 11 clicks and no sales. Yes, I will wait on that.

Another cool feature I can “talk” directly to my customers. They can leave comments and I can reply right on my page! It’s a known fact by keeping the lines of communication open I can look forward to a long customer relationship.

I wonder if it’s true that a business cannot delete bad or negative comments? I imagine there’s work arounds or they allow that by now.

However I can’t control who is posting comments, it maybe competitors or a disgruntled customer. And too much negativity will drive my sales down. I can handle that, and I know that FB shows you how you are doing by analyzing your page, so I can handle a little negative comment.

And, the best is saved for last; you can do a live demo, upload files, and photographs


So I’m all set, I don’t need a website. But then again there’s only so much time in a day. To keep my page active and show up in the newsfeeds, I would have to post at least once a day. Then I need to think about monitoring my business page, waiting for a customer comment that needs to be answered. And it might take more than one person to do all this: that means hiring someone who I can trust to represent my brand and is secure with my information. What about security and fake profiles looking to rip me off?  Maybe I should reconsider a website even though Facebook is free. “ Facebook is one of those words that is exchanged for social media. A social platform allows many different types of exchanges, people, and activities. And someone in that mix are businesses tying to promote their brand and make sales too.

While it’s easy to set up a business page on FB, you have to actively promote it (even with 1,000 purchased LIKES). To promote your business eventually you will need to purchase ads. Ads will push a Facebook user to your page and charge you for that engagement. You may think you don’t need an ad, as your followers will see your posts in their newsfeed. That may be true to a point. However because of changing algorithms chances are only a small percentage of those who liked your page will see your posted updates. Therefore ads, which are costly will be necessary to reach out to the newsfeed of people who aren’t current fans. But there’s no guarantee they will click on your ad.

There’s also no guarantee the Facebook platform will remain the same. You also do not own any part of what they do, and on a whim, they can decide to charge you for your page, remove you or censor your page if they don’t agree with a post. The point is you have no control over Facebook.

But there’s nothing wrong having a business page and having a website with a page is even better.

A website will:

  • Give your business credibility
  • Communicate a clear message
  • Enhances your professionalism
  • Allows you to set yourself apart from your competitors
  • Generate leads Add value to your business
  • Is structured the way you want it to be
  • Is informative
  • Can be found 
  • Can be analyzed
  • Be able to focus on your ideal customer
  • Saves you time
  • Is up 24/7 for purchases
  • Allows you to make announcements and make changes to your website as needed

Without a website potential buyer may question your legitimacy as a business. Unlike the business pages of Facebook, a website gives you the opportunity to educate visitors on your products, services, and the important benefits of your brand.

So, do you need a website when Facebook is free? The simple answer is yes, if you want your business to grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revolutionizing Group Communication: How DiscussionListServices.com Leads the Wa

  Tammy runs a nonprofit organization and there is so much to do. It’s a position that comes with its fair share of challenges and rewards. Managing a nonprofit means wearing multiple hats, including organizing events to coordinating volunteers and everything in between. With so many tasks and conversations happening across various groups, it's no wonder Tammy finds it hard to keep up. Was it Amy who said she would work with the kids on Wednesday and bring chairs, or was it crayons? And the weekend brunch—was it scheduled for 12 PM at 1 Main Street or 1 PM at 12 Main Street? YIKES!  Amidst the clutter of apps , digital reminders, and calendars, the details do get lost. Lost details lead to confusion and miscommunication. Overworked and stretched thin, Tammy needs a solution that simplifies communication without demanding more of her limited time. This is a common scenario for many nonprofit leaders, and the solution lies in effective communication tools. This is where group email o

Understanding Permalink Structures In WordPress

 In WordPress, a permalink (short for "permanent link") is the URL to a specific post, page, or other content on your site. The permalink structure refers to how these URLs are formatted. WordPress allows you to customize the structure of your permalinks to make them more user-friendly and SEO-friendly.   Types of Permalink Structures in WordPress   Plain   URL example: http://mybookstation.com/?p=123   Description: This is the default setting and is not very user-friendly or SEO-friendly .   Day and Name   URL example: http://mybookstation.com/2024/05/22/sample-post/   Description: Includes the year, month, day, and the post name.   Month and Name   URL example: http://mybookstation.com/2024/05/sample-post/   Description: Includes the year, month, and the post name.   Numeric   URL example: http://mybookstation.com/archives/123   Description: Uses the post ID in the URL.   Post Name   URL example: http://mybookstation.com/sample-post/   Description: Uses the post name (slug)

Exploring Green Website Design: Sustainable Solutions For A Digital Future

Do my online activities impact the environment? Quite possibly. It’s important to remember that everything has a cost, even seemingly free Wi-Fi. Accessing the internet consumes energy, from powering our devices to running wireless networks. Each of these actions releases a few grams of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. But have you ever wondered where all this data is stored? Whether on standalone servers, networked systems, or in the “cloud ”, storing our endless data streams requires a significant amount of energy. This is where the concept of a green website comes into play. Using less energy to access websites, data, and information is not a solution most of us have. However, we can minimize the ecological footprint on a smaller scale with a green website design. This method, while minimizing the ecological footprint, can maximize functionality and appea l. What is Green Website Design? The principles of Green Website Design start with a holistic approach to web design and de